Thursday, 5 March 2015

my favourite songs


I love music. There is nothing else in the world that can give me that weird energetic high of excitement that I imagine some people get from watching their favourite football team play. Perhaps due to the obsession/infatuation I have with music, I think the only way to truly know somebody (or me at least) is to know their favourite songs. I love discovering what people play when they're angry or sad or happy, because it's within the lyrics that you find out how they really feel and the things they truly want to say.

In an attempt to completely reveal my personality to anybody who finds themselves on my blog, I want to share my ever growing, main Spotify playlist. Unfortunately at the time of creation, I had no intention of sharing it with the world, so rather than a witty name the title is a collection of letters, brought together by me slamming my hand on my keyboard. 

Truthfully, I never really reveal my oddest music tastes to anybody. I see music as something personal.. maybe because my taste is very..... diverse..... This playlist demonstrates that, but it's pretty much all of my favourite songs. I will warn you, this is mainly Michael Jackson, mixed with Fall Out boy and My Chemical Romance, but there are a few great songs on there too!

A few of my absolute favourites are:
  • 'Patron Saints of Liars and Fakes' by Fall Out Boy, which is my ultimate teenage song. I play this whenever I'm in a bad mood or feeling vaguely annoyed at something.
  • 'Bulletproof Heart' by My Chemical Romance. I could pick any MCR song due to the fact they're probably my all time favourite band. They're the first band I became properly obsessed with and the first concert I ever went to at the age of twelve. This was the  last song they played and I remember feeling so overwhelmed with adrenaline and excitement that I can't quite shake the feeling whenever I listen to them to this day. It's kind of bittersweet to listen to them now due to the fact the band split up, but I still love the songs.
  • Dirty Diana - Michael Jackson. I'm a big MJ fan so it's hard to pick just one to talk about, but this is probably one of my all time favourites. I have ALOT of MJ on this playlist.. be warned.
  • Northern Downpour - Panic! At The Disco. I know I've now included all bands in the holy emo trinity but what did you expect from a former emo kid? I wish I didn't but I love this song. It's one of those songs that I feel every word was written for me.
  • Dancing on the Ceiling - Lionel Richie. I don't even care if this isn't a 'cool' song, I love it. It's my main happy song.

I hope you enjoy my playlist, and don't think I'm too weird... I'd love to know what your favourite songs are, feel free to comment your ultimate angry/sad/happy/weird playlist!

4 comments:

  1. Woah MCR is a total throwback for me! I still listen to them though because they'll forever be legends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a playlist! I'm definitely feeling the Biffy and Mallory Knox. I also love the fact you described music preference as revealing personalities because I certainly listen to different songs/bands depending on the type of mood I'm in. And who knows? Maybe the lyrics were written for each individual... I think that's the beauty this distinct form of art.

    By the way, if you ever get the chance to see the latter play live, you should definitely go! The atmosphere is absolutely incredible! I can totally relate to that reminiscent surge of adrenaline and it's quite frankly awesome! They finished with 'lighthouse' and, damn, I'm still at a loss for words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely go if I get the chance! I haven't really heard much from Mallory Knox but I've been meaning to, thanks for reminding me!

      Delete