Friday, 5 September 2014

little girl you're in the middle


People seem to have an obsession with categorising themselves. You're either 'this' or 'that', you love it or you hate it. It's as if the world expects you to have a strong opinion about everything, and if you don't then your opinion isn't worthwhile.

This always leaves me feeling a little confused. I am not very opinionated, although there are some things I feel strongly about, I don't feel the need to have my say on everything. While 'big issues' like the 'Pepsi vs Coke' debate are important to others, but to me it's just something I haven't put much thought into.

Maybe it's for convenience; after all, saying 'I'm an introvert' is a lot easier to say than 'I prefer being alone', and it requires less of an explanation. But I've come to realise that that is not me. There are some incredible people in the world, and after meeting them I constantly crave their company, a chance to be in their presence once again. However, being surrounded by shitty people for so long has fooled me into thinking I prefer being alone, but now I know it's not true.

I like night time, but I also like day time. I have no preference between pepsi and coke and although I love being around people, sometimes I like to be alone. I don't know what my favourite season is or if I would rather be in hot or cold weather.

It's okay to love everything, or even to hate everything. If you give the world a chance and still don't know what to think then it's okay. Who cares? Who cares if you are so complex that you can't choose which box to tick on a buzzfeed quiz? Don't focus on labelling yourself when you could be so many things.

Putting people into a box only stops them from being their own person. If you expand your mind and open yourself to both options then you never know what fun you could have.

This post is a combination of 5am thoughts and a draft I found from months ago.. I hope it makes some kind of sense.

6 comments:

  1. I love this style of post ! And I don't know why but the photo ties in with your words so much and it feels really nostalgic ! Everything you've said is so true :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Ah I'm glad, I'm usually so hopeless with photos so I'm very glad you liked it :) Thanks again <3 <3

      Delete
  2. I get you so much.
    www.writteninblackwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully written! :) x x x

    kassiella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have basically spoken my mind! I feel like this all the time, thank you for writing this! I've only just found your blog but I'm so glad I did :)

    http://ridawkward-and-hyperbubbly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete