Sunday, 6 July 2014

Two weeks of chaos


Since I last blogged it feels like so much has happened. I have finished year 10 exams, meaning that I never have to do Statistics ever again! I celebrated by visiting TGI's with my best friend and watching the most talked about film of the year, The Fault In Our Stars. (which was okay.. get it?). Since then, school has seemed a lot calmer. With year 11's gone I am now amongst the oldest students which is crazy as it feels like year 7 was just yesterday. Along with being the new year 11 comes with the most important 'right of passage' in high school: sitting at the back of the bus, which is something we have waited patiently for until it was our turn. Yes, I know how sad that sounds but I can't deny how excited we were to finally sit at the most desired seat on a dirty school bus.

Last Monday I went to a sixth form taster day, as I am still in the process of deciding where I want to go after high school. The majority of people in my year are set on going to the nearest college which is huge (and right next to McDonalds..), however after my visit in February, I realised it wasn't really the place for me. After going to this sixth form I can now say it's where I want to go. I think that now I know this I'll have more determination to work hard, as I actually have some kind of plan now.

On Thursday last week after third period it became clear while staring at my time table, hoping it would change that I wasn't in the best mood to be doing P.E.. although having said that I never am. With the end of the school year slowly approaching, there always seems to be something going on in school that I can pretend to be a part of to avoid lessons, so I went on a search to find a room full of busy looking people. That day, it happened to be a year 6 fashion show from one of the local primary schools that was taking place in our theatre. Walking into the room I was met with lots of very short children who were (worryingly) running with scissors and attempting to make new outfits from the bin bags full of old clothes. Luckily I arrived at the end of the chaos and spent 5 minutes gluing sequins onto a bit of fabric before watching the dress rehearsal with a few of my friends who had been helping out all day. 

After deciding that 'wrecking ball' was not the most upbeat song for pre-teens to march down a catwalk to, my friend and I went into a room I had never been into before: the control room. A room with strict 'teacher only' access with the exception of two boys who know their way around the equipment as if it was the back of their hand. This was not a room I had ever had a chance to be in before, but nevertheless, we went in, plugged our phones into the speakers and started choosing incredibly inappropriate (but hilarious) songs; my personal favourite was 'Milkshake'..

Life has been pretty hectic lately but fun nevertheless. As of Monday I am on work experience for a week, which I am hoping is going to be fun. My best friend and I managed to get the same placement so I won't feel to awkward on my own.. After that is over I have one final week of school (which is off timetable so that means no work) until the summer holidays! I'm hoping to blog a lot more and avoid rambely posts like this. The reason I am including so much of my life is because in a way, my blog is like my own time capsule; I want to be able to re-read this in a few years and know exactly what I was doing at a certain time in my life, and hopefully nobody minds too much.

I hope you're all feeling less stressed now exam season is over! Have a great week (and I shall try to update this space of the internet more next week).

2 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. Very pretty.x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete