Saturday, 14 June 2014

bedroom inspiration

A boring photo of my own room

As a teenager it seems that having a messy room is simply a part of nature, along with hormones and bad skin (I am extremely jealous if you've survived your teenage years without spots). Although I pride myself in having an extremely tidy and organised wardrobe (it stresses me out when it's not!), the rest of my room is not exactly spotless. Don't get me wrong, it's not dirty.. just very messy. While sat around piles of clothes, an unmade bed, stacks of books and magazines as well as a seemingly endless amount of mugs, I like to escape into the world of tumblr where people display their flawless bedrooms for me to stare at with envy. I find a weird sense of comfort in watching room tours or stalking interior design blogs, because it provides a kind of 'escape' from my own boring room. I'm going to try and make an effort to make the space where I spend the majority of my time more interesting, so I thought it would be appropriate to write a post including some pictures that are inspiring me. As you can see, I tend to go for the rooms with walls covered in photos and tiny spaces full of stuff. I like the fact that you can see personality and life through the room, and it shows that it's actually being lived in. All the sources will be listed at the end of the post as obviously, the only image that belongs to me is the one above.

Image sources: 12345678
(Obviously I don't know if these are the real owners of the images, however that is where I found them!)

2 comments:

  1. omg pic no.4 just looks so comfy and warm! my room is always so messy so this summer it is my goal to tidy it up and re arrange it! p.s. i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry I'm the exact same, good luck with your goal aha! Thank you so much :D x

      Delete