Wednesday, 16 April 2014

negative people

I've said this before but my blog is my outlet. I created my blog so I would have a space to rant or just share my feelings to whoever cares enough to read it, so that's what I am doing right now.
Everybody comes across negative people in their life; whether it's the angry stranger who gives you dirty looks in the supermarket or a teacher who constantly tells you that you're stupid. These people are everywhere, hiding out in all corners of the world, ready to put you down and ruin your day. In some cases, they are easy to get away from; a simple eye roll and a sigh can put them in their place as you walk away from them forever. However, it's not always that easy. It is often that we find ourselves in situations or relationships with those who have little regard for anybody but themselves, yet it's almost as if you can't get away from it. It's difficult and it feels as if your life is being consumed by somebody who you genuinely care about. I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the perfect friend however I will never intentionally hurt someone's feelings. It makes me sad when somebody feels the need to put another person down by insulting them for no reason; quite frankly it's rude and completely unnecessary. For a while I've been dealing with the same people who although make me insanely happy when I'm with them, manage to mess with my head when they're not. For example, a comment that's made when I'm with them will be either ignored or brushed off by me, and it's not until I'm alone that I realise this person has literally just sat and insulted me to make themselves feel better. It's painful when somebody who you would support endlessly and always be there for treats you in a way that makes you feel so small. Although this is coming off as a rant, I can't help but be confused. No matter what someone says to me, I would never treat them this way.. yet it's coming from a friend and not an enemy. I will never be brave enough to get myself out of this situation, but if you are then here is some advice:
  • if there's someone in your life who you support yet either ignores or ridicules your achievements - get rid of them.
  • if there's someone in your life who points our your insecurities when they are fully aware about your feelings - get rid of them.
  • if there's someone in your life who is not treating you as well as you treat them then, you guessed it, get rid of them.
Let's hope someday I can do the same.

10 comments:

  1. All what you said! it's True :)
    Negative people are Everywhere ,, and seems like they jdon't have anything to do with them Life!
    But as you said , get ride of them is the Best!! :)
    And good Luck with Everything you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree with me! Thankyou for the lovely comment and I wish you the best as well :)

      Delete
  2. I think cutting people out or just getting rid can be hard. Sometimes it's best to try and distance yourself a bit and over time that 'friendship' will fade away and you won't miss it or pine for it, because it isn't what you thought you had in the first place. I don't think you have to be brave, you just have to know you're worth more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you completely, distance is probably a good thing. Thankyou for sharing your opinion!

      Delete
  3. Hey :) Well I wont say I really enjoyed reading this because of the subject matter but I read it and it got me thinking about stuff. I've had, and still have, friends like this. It's hard because no matter how angry and upset it makes you, you just keep finding yourself back in the situation. I honestly thought that starting uni and meeting new people would help but as I get older I just seem to find myself surrounded by people like this. People that just bring me down :/ it is hard to cut them out but I think you have to ask yourself if, as a friend, they are doing more bad than good? If the answer is yes, then you have to cut yourself free of them because things will never get every get better. It gets worse and the longer you put up with it, the worse the become because you are allowing them. This is me trying to take my own advice, hah!

    Anyway, just came across your blog and I like reading about real people who say real stuff besides just fashion and beauty or whatever. Now following you on here and twitter :)

    Great post & Haaappy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I hope you manage to get out of the situation and find people who treat you the way you deserve to be treated! Thankyou so much for that comment and for following, it means so much more than you think!

      Delete
  4. I wholeheartedly agree with this post! I was forced to cut some awful 'friends' out of my life a few years back and today I look back and i can see i made a good decision! Unfortunately not all people are good people :( Sending positive vibes your way!

    Enter my Giveaway to win a pair of Marc Jacobs Sunglasses!

    Sade xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could make that decision! Thankyou so much! <3

      Delete
  5. such a nice post dear !! its always a good idea to stay away from negative people :) it can be a little hard to get rid of those people but we can always try ... Have a nice day doll !!! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete