Sunday, 13 April 2014

my three favourite cleansers

Skincare is something that I, along with many other people, obsess over. Our skin is one of the main causes of insecurity, whether it's the unexpected 'hormonal' spot, or extreme dryness in the winter, the appearance of our faces can often make us want to hide under a Halloween mask. Fortunately, there are millions of products out there designed to cater to our every skin need. However, this is often where it gets over complicated, often ending in too many people buying the wrong kind of product for there skin type. After basically stalking any kind of skincare blog or review for the past few months, I have now decided I am somewhat knowledgeable (although I'm obviously still clueless compared to the likes of Caroline Hirons) on the stuff I smear on my face (lovely). I have devised a small list of my three absolute favourite cleansers that I have found myself gravitating towards recently, hopefully to help anybody who is stuck as to what products to use.
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
I won't go into too much detail as this is one cleanser that is endlessly raved about in the blogosphere, however it deserves all of its praise. Not only does it remove make up and clean skin, but when used with a muslin cloth or flannel it helps to exfoliate by removing dead skin cells. This is one of my all time favourite products that I think I will always end up going back to. It comes in all different sizes depending on the price you're willing to pay and if you want to trial it before purchasing the full size. Click here to view more product details or to purchase.
Clarins Cleansing Milk for Oily/Combination skin
Although my skin is probably more on the dry side than oily, it has recently been becoming more and more oily, meaning I had to make some changes to my routine. This previously belonged to my Mum who had an allergic reaction to it, meaning it fell into my possession (gracias madre!). I find that this removes all the dirt from throughout the day, although I would recommend it more for a 2nd cleanse than to remove the majority of make up. Although the Clarins website recommend a slightly complicated method of using this product, I tend to just apply to dry skin and remove with a flannel or muslin cloth which again, helps to remove dead skin. I love that although it's meant for oily skin, it isn't harsh or drying, plus the consistency is really light and nice to use. Click here to view more product details or to purchase.
The Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil
I've done a full review of this product (which you can read here) however I couldn't resist adding it to another post. This is the best for a pre-cleanse to remove make up or dirt. It's really pleasant to use due to the calming, subtle scent and consistency. It removes waterproof mascara with minimal effort, and basically removes any trace of make up from my face. Again, this needs to be removed with a flannel/cloth as the oil is incredibly difficult to get off with only water. Click here if you want to buy it.

Apologise (once again) for the photography. My photos seem to become so blurry once I've uploaded them to blogger, but I am trying!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Liz Earle cleanse and polish (But so does everyone else in the blogosphere!) it's just perfect! haha, I've never tried the clarins cleansing milk though- I shall be on the look out for that!

    Eleanor xx
    http://eleanor-hazel.blogspot.co.uk/

    p.s you're photos look fine- I don't think they look blurry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! You should definitely give it a go, you could always ask for a sample at the counter? And thanks! I'm constantly worrying about my photos so thank you for the nice comment :)

      Delete