Saturday, 5 April 2014

Lana Del Rey - Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight

I know I just posted, but after hearing about Lana Del Rey's unreleased song being leaked online, I had to write about it. When it comes to Lana Del Rey, I'm incredibly biased. I would download an audio recording of her ordering at a McDonald's drive thru if I could, she is truly one of my biggest obsessions. I'm drawn to her unique voice and how her songs sound so unlike anything else that is typically 'popular' in today's society. However, don't let my creepy fascination with her sway you into believing this song isn't very good because it's incredible. Although this song was actually recorded in 2010 and has just never been released, I wish it was a hint as to what her new work is going to be like. It sounds so 'old school disco' yet it's nowhere near reminiscent of the records you make your parents turn down when they play on bad radio stations. 
So, although this won't be appearing on her soon to be released album 'Ultraviolence', what do you think? Would you buy it? Listen here:
 *edit: since posting this, the YouTube version has been deleted however you can find a sound cloud version here , enjoy!*



2 comments: