Sunday, 20 April 2014

Happy days

One of my all time favourite bloggers Jess (owner of the flawless blog Gingerly Pale) often writes posts about things that are making her happy, and I decided to blatantly copy her idea write a post inspired by hers (don't worry, I asked!). Now that the first week of the Easter holidays has come to an end, I am counting down the days until I have a full on stress breakdown due to the large amount of work I have to do in a short amount of time; until then though, I'm going to continue waking up at 2pm and then watching Gossip Girl for the next twelve hours. Here is what is making me happy:

  • The Netflix 30 day free trial.. a.k.a my biggest downfall when it comes to revising. I am now often faced with the decision of actually doing my art coursework or watching bad TV shows, and I will always take advantage of a freebie. 
  • No longer being scared of getting the train. Yes, there was once a time where the stress of train stations were too much for me to handle, and I avoided them at all costs. Now though, I spend most of my time on this form of public transport which makes my old fears seem completely insane. 
  • Trying new cafĂ©'s and restaurants with friends. Over the past few weeks I've eaten at so many new places that I've almost forgotten about my beloved TGI's, something I thought would never happen. However, no matter how fun I find this, it's a big drain on my bank account when the money could have been spent on more useful things.
  • The weather which has been very good as of late. Good enough that the last time I went in to Leeds I didn't bring a jacket and although that's probably a regular occurrence for people that live in hotter climates, this is a huge deal for someone from a particularly freezing part in England.
  • People who post videos of Whales online. As strange as this may sound, I have a creepy fascination with killer whales and watching them attack people on YouTube. It's gotten to the point that I have started convincing my friends to watch documentaries with me when it's probably the last thing they want to do. Oh, and I've also had a few killer whale dreams in the past few days.. You can unfollow now I am aware I am weird.
  • Good friends that make me happy. My last post was pretty negative, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to say that for every bad person in my life, I probably have 6 good ones who make me smile without even knowing. I know I'm incredibly lucky to be surrounded by people who inspire me to do good things like eat healthy, get a job or revise for my exams (which I am completely incapable of doing on my own) and I am in no way taking that for granted.

I hope you are all having a very relaxing Easter Holidays (or just weekend if you don't have time off school/work right now). And in true gossip girl style:
You know you love me
XOXO
Laura
(that was lame).

PS: Once again, my photos are so bad... I'm sorry!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome post dear !! and your pics and awesome as well :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :D I always doubt the quality of my pictures so I'm glad you think they're okay!x

      Delete
  2. netflix is slowly taking over my life and at the beginning of easter i was on season 2 of gossip girl, now im about to start season 6 ooooops
    XXXX

    pinkdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow you're beating me! I'm halfway through season 3 right now, I hope my free trial doesn't run out before I get to the end! xx

      Delete
  3. I love these kinds of posts! Gratefulness is the key to happiness

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete