Friday, 4 April 2014

and everyone's competing

Since the last time I updated my blog, I've been to TGI's 4 times, had a coursework deadline, an exam and I haven't tidied my room once. It's been a stressful few weeks in which I couldn't stop thinking about how absent I had been from my blog, so it was surprising to me that as soon as I had time again, I didn't know what to say. When I began blogging a year ago, I simply wanted a place to write about my favourite lipstick or a new bag that I bought; I had no interest or desire to gain an audience as I found it strangely therapeutic to just write. Somewhere along the way I discovered the blogging community and realised it wasn't actually as scary as I assumed it would be to have someone on the other end of my careless thoughts and long paragraphs. Obviously, discovering all these unique blogs left mine feeling boring and stupid in comparison, and I suddenly decided I needed to be like them. Since then I have tried and failed to put myself in so many blogging categories. It is just recently that I have realised it doesn't really matter what I post. Sometimes I want to review a new mascara, and other times I just want to share what I did at the weekend. I want to write a list of my favourite songs, post pictures of my outfit or huge paragraphs about how I'm feeling. The point is, I just want to write! I can't limit myself to a 'blogging genre'. So hello, welcome to laura-louisee.blogspot.co.uk, you're likely to come across bad photos and posts that don't quite fit with each other. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment