Thursday, 13 February 2014

the road outside my house is paved with good intentions

Life has been good recently and although it feels like so much has happened, when it comes to sitting down and writing about it, I realise not much really has. As I'm sure any UK citizens know and are sick of hearing, the weather hasn't been the greatest as of late. It's resulted in many days of trying to control my hair with one hand and hold my skirt down with the other, and don't even mention the word 'umbrella' to me as I am 100% done with umbrellas I once trusted turning upside down on me. On the bright side, Valentines Day is tomorrow! Although I am quite obviously forever alone, I am in the minority of lonely people who like Valentines Day. There is always some kind of 'chick flick' on, and not to mention it's the perfect night to relax and eat loads of food, and isn't it the nicest idea ever? Right when Christmas is well and truly over, and the weather is miserable, the world comes out with a day dedicated to loving people! It makes me happy just thinking of the people who aren't spending February 14th alone.
I've spent the week dreading Thursday (which is today as I write this) as I had a College 'taster day' which involved talking to new people and possibly being alone in lessons. However, it wasn't even bad! I enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would and I feel weirdly motivated to work harder at school, even though it confused me as to what I want to do even more. They always say that you'll know if it's the 'right' college for you, and I don't think it was, which scares me! Where else do I go?! After a long day of staring at power points and getting lost on a college campus, I ventured into town for milkshakes with some girls in my year before walking to the bus station in the rain while having a really good conversation with a friend I haven't spoke to in what feels like forever! Overall it was a good day.
The rest of the week has been a blur of cold nights and rose scented hand cream (purposely bought to remind me of summer). I actually made the mistake of leaving my window open overnight a few times, resulting in me waking up wondering why it feels like Antarctica in my bedroom. I don't enjoy sleeping in sub zero temperatures so this time of year is usually met with me armed with plenty of blankets and fluffy socks (although that's an essential all year round). I kind of love bundling up like that though, so the icy wind doesn't bother me too much when I think about going home and getting into bed.
Tomorrow I embark on a car journey to London to see family, which is one of my favourite things to do. I love the hours of road between here and there, especially at night time. Right now I can't think of anything better than sitting in the back of the car at night with my earphones in.
The journey is sometimes more fun than the destination (not to say my family are boring.. haha).
I hope you're all dealing with the weather and not struggling with power cuts or anything like that, and if you're lucky enough to live in a warm climate, please send me some sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute and I love your banner Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much! It was made by Celine from vintage teapot if you're interested :) x

      Delete
  2. such a lovely post!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 worth of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and I've already entered ;) x

      Delete