Thursday, 2 January 2014

new year

January. A month when spirits are running high and the promise of more exercise or a happier future seems to be the thought on everybody's minds. And although the pessimist inside of me is screaming 'it's just another day!' I can't help but be filled with joy and anticipation of what this year is going to bring. There are 363 more days of 2014 which you have not yet lived. You do not know what they hold or whether this is going to be an amazing year or one you'd rather forget. I'm the kind of person who usually hates change, but this year I'm going to try to transform my life into something other than the dull everyday routine that it has become. As usual, I have some resolutions and I feel like sharing them with the internet might help me to be more motivated about keeping them. 

  • Don't hold onto things that will keep me from moving forward. Whether it's throwing out stuff I keep but don't actually need or letting go of things that have happened in the past.
  • Learn html!
  • Step outside of my comfort zone more often.
  • Make an attempt to be more organised.
  • Sort out my sleeping pattern and have a proper bed time (rather than playing hay day until 4am).
  • Drink more water.
  • Focus on making myself happy instead of constantly worrying about other people.
  • Put more effort into my blog.
  • Stop drawing in my school books when I should be listening (the constant stuggle).
  • Wear my retainer every night... Sounds easy but I am so lazy
  • Save money
What are your new years resolutions? What goals do you want to achieve this year? I would be interested to know as maybe that would motivate me towards keeping mine and setting more for myself.

4 comments:

  1. Laura this is my favourite introduction our of the millions of new years' posts (mine included) that having been clogging up my bloglovin feed! This is such a well written post and I love the relatable anecdotes..."Stop drawing in my school books when I should be listening (the constant stuggle)" -Everybody has been there! Cannot wait to see what 2014 brings to your blog! lots of love and happy new year wishes, Lauryn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Lauryn! I hope your blog grows even more this year and more people are witness to your incredible writing skills!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Very sensible and realistic resolutions. I love your blog because your very honest and personal:D I wish you the very best of luck in 2014 and hope you maintain motivation:) love Brooke xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much, your comment really did make me smile! I hope 2014 is a great year for you! xxx

      Delete