Saturday, 28 December 2013

My 5 favourite make up items of 2013



Since the year is now ending, I took inspiration from a few beauty bloggers and decided to feature my five favourite make up products of 2013. These are basically the 'winners' in my make up collection that have particularly impressed me throughout the year.
Benefit 'They're Real!' 
I'm pretty sure everybody knows about this mascara due to it's popularity with bloggers. Seriously though, it's worth the hype. A main ingredient of beeswax allows the mascara to condition your eyelashes, all while lengthening, curling, voluminous and staying on all day, though any weathers. The only problem I have with it is the price, but that hasn't stopped me from repurchasing it three times!
Rimmel London Kate Moss Matte Lasting Finish Lipstick in 101
This is the perfect natural pink shade. It's a 'your lips but better' colour with a matte finish that doesn't dry your lips out. Its long lasting with a subtle watermelon scent which I love. This (along with Bourjois color boost in 'peach on the beach') is probably my most worn school lip colour as it's so natural.
Sleek blush in 'Rose Gold'
I hate to admit it, but when it comes to blusher I'm very lazy. I'll make the effort for special occasions but on a day to day basis I never seem to spend time applying it. However, when I found this blusher I fell in love. It's known to be a dupe for Nars 'orgasm' which is too expensive for me to purchase at the moment, but for an almost exact shade at only £4.99, you can't go wrong! I love the subtle gold hints that add an element of warmness to your cheeks. And it doesn't look to harsh against my snowman skin! Sleek are well known for having very pigmented products and this one isn't an exception.
Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation
After a huge allergic reaction to Bourjois Healthy mix, I decided to take my doctors advice and stray away from cheap foundations. After alot of research I came across this one from Mac that caters specifically to dry skin. After parting with my £25, I fell in love with this foundation. It stays on my skin all day, doesn't cling to dry patches and has a medium to high coverage. The best part is you only need less than a pea size amount for your whole face, meaning you get your moneys worth.
Bourjois Khol and Contour in 78 Brun Design
I don't have much to say about this eyeliner other than it's very pigmented and lasts all day, meaning that it does the job perfectly. On lazy days I also use this as an eyebrow pencil.. is that allowed?

What are your favourite products of 2013? I really want to try some more that may become favourites in the next year.
 ♥


4 comments:

  1. I have dry, sensitive skin so I might have to try that mac foundation x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! it will seriously change your life! x

      Delete
  2. That Sleek blush is so good, their products are all so pigmented that I think my blush might last years! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I can't see it running out any time soon, very impressed :) x

      Delete