Saturday, 7 December 2013

concealer loves and hates

After clearing out my makeup collection today, I found some products that I haven't seen in a while. Some of them I was excited to start using again, as I'd completely forgotten I had them, other I was wondering why I hadn't thrown them away yet. I'll admit it; I'm a concealer addict. Anything that promises to temporarily banish dark circles, or hide my blemishes from the world can claim the title of my hero. That may be why so many have come into my possession over the past few months. Since so many people also deal with annoying spots and panda eyes on a morning, I thought I'd share some of the products that I swear by to give me a confidence boost, and ones that I would recommend avoiding.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
I know, you've heard people rave about this endlessly and it's getting boring. But, it would be silly to do a post about the best concealers and forget about this! I have two shades, one that I brought on holiday with me in the hope of tanning (I didn't) and one that matches my albino skin tone perfectly. These are amazing and if you haven't already tried them then I highly suggest you do. For under £5 you can't go wrong, and they last a long time. No creasing, high coverage and affordable. What more could you ask for?
Benefit Boi-ing
This is £17.50 which is a big jump from your average drugstore prices. It has a high coverage which reduces the appearance of redness or dark circles drastically. It doesn't crease or wear off throughout the day, but I still prefer Collection as it's so much cheaper and I find that it lasts a lot longer. This pot gets used up very quickly which makes me wonder if I'm really getting my moneys worth. Although I do like it, I don't think I'll buy it again once it's gone because it's too much for me to justify (especially when Collection is so damn good).
Miss Sport Concealers
Why oh why do I still own these? I can't remember the last time I used them but I'm pretty sure it was sometime in Year 8. They're both pretty much exactly the same; low coverage, hard to blend and orange toned. Why do I have two? Probably because they're both under £2. I wouldn't recommend these at all (although we've all used them at some point... haven't we?).
Revlon Photo Ready Concealer
I can't decide if I like this or if I just think it's 'okay'. It's very creamy and blends into your skin easily, the coverage is pretty good and it's affordable. But at the same time it isn't amazing. It's a nice product to have in your makeup bag for emergencies, but it's not something that I swear by and will continue to repurchase. Having said that, I am going to try this again soon as I haven't used it for a while (I'll make sure to post an updated review!)

If you recommend a concealer that wasn't featured in this post, please let me know! There's always room for another one in my life..
 ♥

10 comments:

  1. I had the Miss Sporty Concealers and I hate it, you're right they are so hard to blend and really bad coverage.
    At the moment I use the collection one and I love it :)
    http://thewhimsysea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew I wasn't the only one! the collection one is so good, it makes me wonder why I stayed with miss sporty for so long! x

      Delete
  2. Great post, I feel the same about the revlon photoready concealer, I thought I was going to love it but it can look a bit dry on my skin x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou! and same :( I'm the same, oh well at least I have my collection ;) x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer myself! It's great. Love your blog - Followed :) x

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree about the Miss Sporty concealers, they're so orangey they just make any spots more noticeable! I really love your blog design and posts! You've gained a new follower :)
    Eleanor xxx

    http://vintagevanityblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awful! and aw thankyou very much :D xxx

      Delete
  5. Which shade of the collection concealer do you use when you are at your palest?
    New follower, I came from the #2014BloggerChallenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the palest shade there is! It's a great match for my skintone!
      Thankyou for following! I hope you enjoy my blog :) x

      Delete