Sunday, 10 November 2013

things are looking up, oh finally


After weeks of wallowing in self pity, I finally got myself out of the house last night to go to a Bonfire. It's not usually my 'scene' because I'm not a big fan of loud noises, or fire for that matter. However, I decided that for one night I would go out and have fun with my friends, rather than sitting in my room and making excuses when anyone tries to make plans with me. I kept telling myself that I was happier being alone and I turned into this lonely person who thought that things couldn't possibly get better, so why bother trying? It's so strange how one night can make you completely change your mind about everything. I now feel genuinely happy and as if everything is going to be okay again. I know that I'm going to have endless moments in my life where I feel like giving up, but now I know that I never will because it gets better. If you're currently going through a hard time, I promise you everything will turn out okay in the end, you just need to keep going and keep your head up. All the moments where you doubt yourself and feel unhappy will make you into an even better, stronger person. You just need to make the choice to use them to make you better, and not excuses to feel sorry for yourself. Now I've let myself be a teenager for just a night and let go, I feel like I can do it more. Instead of using my teenage years in my room watching TV and avoiding any human interaction, I'm going to use them to make memories that I'll treasure for the rest of my life. I hate to promote the whole 'yolo' thing, but you are only young once, and one day you're going to have to grow up and be mature so why waste your time doing that now? If you're reading this and you're currently in the same situation as I was, just let go. The next time someone asks you if you want to go out, say yes and start making memories.
I abandon my blog for a while because I kept telling myself 'what's the point?' but I promise now I'm going to really start trying. Sorry if this was overly cheesy, and if you're sick of all the life posts recently, some beauty related things are coming in the next week!
Thankyou for reading!
Love, Laura
xxx


ps: it gets better

4 comments:

  1. Laura you are so inspirational. Everybody goes through a difficult stage of feeling like that, feeling inferior almost to other people their age, but you have exactly the right mindset; IT GETS BETTER. I couldn't have put what you said into a better post. I have ultimate respect for you, and remember; I'm only a little tweet away whenever you're feeling down. Lots and lots of love, lauryn xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauryn you are perfect! Thankyou for the most lovely comment ever! I know, I hope I can help anyone who is going through a tough time. I seriously love you girll!
      Thanks, I'll remember that, and it's the same with you!
      <3 <3

      Delete
  2. aw laura, you are a m a z i n g
    i'm so glad you're feeling better, this post was NO WAY cheesy whatsoever, it was so motivating for anyone out there who is feeling down:)
    love you gurrrrllll xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much joni! your comment made me smile super biggg :)
      love you!
      xxxx

      Delete