Monday, 25 November 2013

she's like cold coffee in the morning

Good morning everyone, did you manage to get out of bed? Now that the weather is getting colder it seems even more difficult to drag yourself from your duvet when your alarm begins to scream at you. I've learnt to love the freezing mornings recently and I'm finding more joy out of dark 6 am's.
First of all, what's better than sitting in your pyjamas with a mug of coffee, so hot that it's burning your hand, while you're only half awake? I find it so relaxing to just spend two minutes on a morning reflecting on the past week and wondering what will happen in the week ahead. That's another thing I love. The fact that anything could happen in the next seven days and you have no control over it. Days when I feel like going back to sleep and pretending I'm too ill to go to school, I always remind myself that today could be the day when everything starts to get better. I could win a prize or get a compliment on my hair. Alternatively, I could fall over on the way home or have an argument with my mum. It's like a lottery where instead of winning money, the prize is a day of happiness. And if you don't win then its fine because one day you will, and just the thought of that is enough to keep me going through all the bad days.
Life is so good.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this, I personally detest Mondays but you've encouraged me to look at the positives! Maybe Monday and I will have a better relationship from now on! haha

    Jess | www.gingerlypale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely positive post, I love a good hot mug of tea in the morning, sometimes it is just nice to take a few minutes to consider everything

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment :) yeah it's a nice way to reflect haha
      Of course!
      x

      Delete
  3. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love everything about this post, i love the photo and the writing ahhhh its so cute ly XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joni how have I just seen this? that's so nice, thankyou! <3 xxx

      Delete