Saturday, 16 November 2013

DIY room decor 'stars in a jar'

One of my obsessions recently has been tidying and clearing out my room, it's like I'm spring cleaning in winter. The other day I was in one of my organizing moods when I came across some fairy lights I had bought a while ago in Primark. I didn't really know how to use them in my room but since Christmas is coming up I didn't really want to throw them out or give them away. Just as I was thinking of what to do with them, I saw that Katie (from Katies world of beauty) had written a post about DIY Room Decor, where she showed how to use an old Yankee Candle jar to decorate your room (it's so cute, I recommend reading!). I then had a light bulb moment and realised I could change her idea slightly to use my fairylights!
The jar I used was one I already had in my house (no idea where from, I found loads of them in the garage but you can probably buy them from home bargains or something).
If you try this for yourself, make sure the lights you use are quite short and powered by batteries and not a plug!
I think this is such a cute idea for your room, especially since Christmas is coming up and anything that lights up can be considered Christmassy. Its also really handy for me as I don't have a lamp in my room, and this looks a lot different to a standard lamp or light. I've never done anything like this before so I hope it was useful to somebody!
Thanks for reading!
Love, Laura
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. aw thankyou! and yes you did hehe :) x

      Delete
  2. super cute ! love your blog :) XOXO
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of this! So simple but so pretty :)
    xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute diy project! Simple things are the best!! xx:)
    http://dorkyfizzyandquirkystuff.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this post so much, its such a cute idea:) XXX

    pinkdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same lights around my bed frame and was getting bored of the way they looked and i was just going to chuck them in the bin - but i am defiantly going to do this!! it looks so so cute & christmassy!

    becky xx
    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete