Thursday, 17 October 2013

tonight I'm gonna dance for all that we've been through

For the past few months I haven't really been myself, feeling down and unhappy most of the time. I won't go into too much detail because it's personal, buuuut I will say that I finally feel like I'm becoming myself again. I spent a lot of time alone, making excuses to avoid going out with my friends to parties or stuff like that, instead of just going out and having fun. And while I was alone I spent all the time wishing I wasn't, and thinking about how everything seemed to be going wrong. Thankfully, it seems to be coming to an end and I feel genuinely happy right now. I've been thinking about this past year a lot and how it has been the best and worst year of my life ever, and how much I miss some people or moments. Most of the time, I sit and wish the past would come back, but I've finally realised that I need to stop looking back and just move forward. If you're going through a hard time at the moment, just carry on and everything will sort its self out, I promise!
I usually hate new year because I hate change, but I really can't wait until 2014 comes so I can have a fresh start and *hopefully* make it the best year ever.
This is pretty much rambling, but the point is, I finally understand the phrase 'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened'. Even though somebody is gone from your life, it doesn't mean you have to be sad. You should try and remember the happy memories with that person and be thankful that at one point they were part of your life, rather than dwelling on the past and being upset by it.
I hope you're all having a good week!
Love, Laura 

Ps: this was my favourite song a year ago and listening to it now, it seems to make a lot more sense. I hope you enjoy it! 



8 comments:

  1. Hey, I have been throughly enjoying reading all your posts recently, so I have nominated you for the sunshine award! All the rules are on my blog :)
    Katie xoxo
    http://throughkatieslookingglass.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I'll do that in a few days :)
      <3

      Delete
  2. Oh my god I LOVE this song too! It's amaaazing, and i'm so sad that she's not going to release it :( damn you taylor! haha. She is so talented and all of her songs are amazing, especially the ones on her album RED. I love her <3

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I would prefer this as a single rather than 'we are never getting back together'. I love RED! It's by far her best album, I can't wait until her next one!
      Thanks for the comment!
      <3

      Delete
  3. LOVE this song too! So glad you're feeling better now! x x x x
    http://thoughtsfromphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so goooood! and thankyou :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Hey Laura,

    You have a really nice blog.

    Just thought I'd tell you I nominated you for a Sunshine award.
    Take a look here to see the questions: http://talesofbeautypast.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-sunshine-award.html
    I can't wait to read your response.
    -Dani x
    http://talesofbeautypast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete