Sunday, 6 October 2013

This week..

I decided that every Sunday from now on I'll write a recap of my week. This way I can balance out the personal and beauty posts and I love reading this kind of thing! Also, it's nice to look back on these 'update' posts to remind you of that time.

On Tuesday I had a day off, so me and two of my friends went into Leeds for some shopping and a TGI's (a tradition of ours). Unfortunately the 30 minute wait for a table drove us away so we decided to find somewhere else to go. This is how I found my new favourite restaurant, 'The Handmade Burger Co'. It has completely replaced TGI's (sorry!) and ever since I went I've been dreaming of it.. I will return soon. I ended up having a really good day, even though my feet ached by the end of it.

The rest of the week has been filled with rainy days. This year has actually been quite dry so I guess we were all expecting a downpour sometime soon. I've spent most of my time at school sheltering from the weather inside which is where the internet connection is the worst. Since our school has started allowing use of our phones at break and lunch, we've been battling with the terrible wifi.. I swear they do it on purpose.

I found out my predicted grade in English is an A, and since 'realising my potential' my English teacher hasn't left me alone and is constantly asking 'What do you think about this, Laura?' It's gotten to the point that I practically have to hide under the table to avoid having to awkwardly stammer a sentence about the relationships of the main characters in a book. Am I being too dramatic?

This weekend my cousins came to visit from London which is always nice since I only see them 2-3 times a year. We spent most of the day looking through photographs and sharing funny stories from when we were younger. Then we ate loads of food and set off some fireworks in memory of my Grandad. They also showed me the photos from their holiday in Florida making me extremely jealous. I'm currently trying to persuade my parents to take us next year.

I hope this was slightly interesting although most of you have probably stopped reading by now..
Anyway, good luck tomorrow! I know Mondays aren't everybody's favourites..

Love, Laura
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment