Saturday, 5 October 2013

Soap and Glory Face Brush Review

As you will know if you follow me on twitter or read my blog regularly, I talk about my skin a lot. I've been struggling with it for a while now but recently it's really been improving and I wanted to share some of the products that have been helping.
On Tuesday I was casually strolling through Boots in Trinity Leeds (just setting the scene for you, get a clear image..) which is much bigger than my nearest ones. Because it's a lot bigger, there's a lot more variety of products and I always seem to find things that I haven't seen before. That's basically how I stumbled across the 'Soap and Glory Face Brush'. I tried to find this product online, but it isn't listed on the Boots website or the Soap and Glory website, so the only option if you're interested, is buying it in store.
I've always been very interested in facial brushes and exfoliating sponges/pads (etc) because quite frankly I just love using them! I find it strangely satisfying to exfoliate, but scrubs such a St Ives just don't do it for me and seem to dry out my skin. I've previously used The Body Shop's facial brush which was too harsh on my sensitive skin and didn't seem to help in cleaning or exfoliating either. This made me very wary when it came to trying out others because anything that dries or irritates my skin obviously isn't going in my good books.
However when I saw this brush for only £6 (just £2 more than The Body Shop's version) I couldn't resist and promptly popped it into my basket (has anybody noticed how many alliterations I'm using today? I don't even know why). One of the things that really attracted me to this brush was that one side was the traditional brush and the other was rubbery (I'm not the best at describing, but you can see this in the pictures).

As always when I buy new products, I was really excited to go home and use it as I'm sure you all are after a trip to Boots. When I read the tag that came on it, the instructions read that the rubbery side I thought was just another way to cleanse your face was actually a massager! I've read into facial massages before but I've never purchased one because I didn't think I actually needed one, so I was quite excited to try it (despite never venturing into these types of products before).
When I use this, I firstly remove my makeup using Bioderma. Then, I dampen my face and apply a cleanser. It really doesn't matter what type of face wash you use, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of using a foaming cleanser and creating loads of bubbles... So mature.
Then I slightly wet the brush head and sweep it over my face in circular motions, concentrating more on my forehead, chin and nose when my skin is slightly oiler and spot prone (however I still use it on my cheeks to remove dead skin). I then rinse the remaining product off of my face and the brush and slightly pat my face down with a towel.
This is when I flip the brush over and massage my face, again in circular motions, using the massager side. After that I apply moisturiser and I'm done.
Just adding this to my skincare routine has brightened my skin up and I've noticed that most of the blemishes I had have disappeared. I love that it really makes my skin feel clean without drying it out, which is a problem I always seem to have.
I was a bit sceptical about using this daily (which is on the instructions) because I didn't want to irritate my skin but it's working absolutely fine!
So basically, I would recommend this to all skin types, and it's definitely become one of my holy grail beauty products.
I hope you enjoyed this review, let me know if you've tried any facial brushes before!
Thank you for reading
Laura
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment