Saturday, 12 October 2013

Review: Quick Fix Facials

A while ago I posted a Boots Haul, and a few people were interested in seeing a review on the 'Quick Fix Facials Face Masks'. I wanted to wait until I had used the products enough to post an honest review on them, and the time has now come.. That sounds very dramatic.
I found these while browsing the Boots website and the reduced price drew me in. These were new products at the time (they're still fairly new) and didn't really have any reviews for me to judge them on, so I just took a chance and added them to my basket (how adventurous).
I love the packaging, it's cute but simple and each mask has a different colour scheme, and they have a very large collection. You get a lot of product for the price which is great and they both smell quite nice.

Exfoliating Scrub Mask for blackheads and blocked pores
To use this mask, you're supposed to apply it to damp skin and massage it into problem areas, before leaving it for five minutes. However, I couldn't leave it on my face for more than 30 seconds. It felt like my skin was burning and once I washed it off, the only part of my face that wasn't bright red and dry was my nose. For this reason, I only use it on my nose and it really does work in reducing blackheads.
 I think the reason I reacted so badly to it was because I have very sensitive skin, so if you're the same then I wouldn't recommend it. However, if you have non sensitive, blackhead prone skin then I think this product could really help you.

Brightening Peel Mask for dull and uneven skin tone
Although my skin isn't good at all, it isn't exactly dull or uneven. Having said that, I am quite interested in brightening masks and I was curious as to what they would be like. This mask has a kind of gloopy consistency which wasn't really that fun to apply to my skin. However, once it was on it felt very cooling and it didn't burn or itch like the other one. My favourite thing about this product was peeling it off, you can't deny how satisfying it feels.. or do I sound like a weirdo now?.. probably. I can't say that I noticed a big difference after using this, but as I said: my skin isn't really very dull to start with (that sounds like bragging but don't worry, my skin has many more problems). If you do suffer from dull and uneven skin this might really help.

So although I didn't love both these products, they were okay and I will continue to use them. Let me know if you've tried any of the other masks in the collection as I am quite curious as to what they are like!
Thankyou for reading!
Love, Laura
xxx

5 comments:

  1. I was going to buy the deep cleansing one and those two but I may have to wait to read some more reviews now! Enjoyed this post! Lauryn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Lauryn! I've seen some more blog posts about them recently, so you may be able to find one! x

      Delete
    2. Yeah I saw them in Boots today but I was undecided so I didn't buy it but I might next time!:) xxx

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this brand, but I find drugstore/highstreet brands tend to be no where near as effective as slightly more highend skincare brands. I think if your skin isn't great / is sensitive its worth spending a bit more on skincare - Liz Earle is really good for sensitive skin and isn't very expensive! Becky xx

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've realised that too! They don't really cater to sensitive skin haha. Yes I love the Liz Earl Cleanse and Polish, using it at the moment :)
      Thanks for the comment! :D xxx

      Delete