Sunday, 13 October 2013

Amy and Rogers Epic Detour


Have you ever read a book that completely changed you? That's exactly the affect that 'Amy and Rogers Epic Detour' had on me. I'm not going to lie, when I first found the book I thought it would be really childish because of the title, but I ignored it and decided to just give it a go. And I'm so glad I did because it is one of the best books I have ever read. I completely understand the phrase 'never judge a book by its cover' because it is not childish at all and is actually very.. mature. Basically, you wouldn't want your 10 year old sister to read this book but it's something that even your Mum would enjoy. I was shocked at how many 'real life' issues this addressed, like drug addiction, death, sex and depression. But that doesn't mean the book is depressing, it's actually quite funny and it left me with a really positive outlook on life. 
Seriously, it played with my emotions in a way that no book has before, one minute I was crying, the next I was laughing and by the end of it I just felt.. changed. While some books seem boring the second time you read them, this one is the same every time and you still go through all the emotions you did the first time.
I cannot rave about this enough, and I don't even want to include details of the storyline because if you do buy this book, I want you to really get into it. 
The blurb and the cover made me want to put it down, but once I gave it a chance I discovered a story that has stayed with me since I read it the first time. (I've read it 6 times since then and I still love it!)
If I can convince you to do one thing, buy this book, download it, borrow it from a friend, take it out at the library.. just read it.
I'm currently looking for more books to 'change my life'. If you recommend any please comment them below!
Love, Laura
xxx

2 comments:

  1. this book looks so good, definitely going to read it!:)xx

    ReplyDelete