Wednesday, 11 September 2013

I hate my skin

*disclaimer* image is not mine, I've been super busy with school and didn't have time to take any.

We are all insecure about something. No matter how confident you are, there's always something that you would like to change about yourself. I am one of the most insecure people you will ever meet, and usually the thing about myself that I hate the most changes a lot. At the moment the thing I'm desperate to change, like most teenagers, is my skin. I've had eczema as long as I can remember but it's only started to appear on my face in the last few years. Despite the actual pain, the worst thing about eczema is that it's literally impossible to hide. Wearing makeup will only irritate your skin and stick to the dry patches making it very obvious. I've tried every tinted moisturiser, BB cream and even just foundations targeted at dry skin and unfortunately for me, none of them can hide it. My doctor constantly tells me that makeup is only going to make it worse but I can't imagine going out bare faced and revealing my red, irritated skin to the world. Obviously my doctors have not experienced the joy that is 'having imperfections in high school'. It seems like every little thing that is wrong with me, somebody will notice and they feel as if it is absolutely necessary to point it out. I don't understand why because I personally would never even think about telling somebody that their hair or skin doesn't look great. What do people achieve from this?
If you read my last blog post (click here if you didn't) you'll know that my goal this year is to stop caring what people think of me. That is why tomorrow I'm going to *attempt* to go to school with no foundation on.
The benefits of not wearing makeup definitely outweigh the benefits of wearing it. Your skin absorbs anything that is put onto it so when you apply makeup, your skin is essentially 'drinking up' all the chemicals in the products.
 Although it's nice to have perfect looking skin every so often, it's also healthy to have a break and embrace your natural beauty. Besides, if I skip makeup on school days I can sleep in for longer (which is always nice).
So who's with me? Ditch the makeup to do your skin a favour! Let me know how it goes for you if you try it!
Thankyou for reading!
Laura
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment