Sunday, 1 September 2013

I care too much

Just realising how sad I look on this picture! haha.
Recently I've been preparing myself for going back to school. I go back this Wednesday and even though I'm looking forward to seeing my friends, I'm kind of nervous. I don't know why because I've been going to the same school for three years now and I know everyone. I don't have any enemies, there isn't anyone I'm scared of and I can't wait to start my gcse options. So why do I feel the way I did when I was starting in year 7? One thing you probably don't know about me is that I hate being the centre of attention. I never used to wear a coat to school in winter because I was scared people would look at me (which is really stupid and I ended up getting really poorly all the time). I think this is why I stress over going back to school so much. Walking through the gates I can't help but think ''Am I standing out too much? Should I have done my hair differently?'' and I wish I didn't. I never used to care what people thought of me. I had bright red hair and I wore whatever I wanted but it seems that now, all that confidence has gone and I'd rather fit in than stand out. Does anybody else feel that way? Since I started blogging, I can't help but admire the ''I don't care'' attitude of so many girls that you can definitely see from the way they dress. I'd love to wear those clothes but somewhere in the back of my mind I can almost here what people at school or my friends would say.
This year my goal for myself is 'don't care what people think'. Hopefully on the 1st of September 2014 I'll be writing another post all about how I achieved my goal!
Do you have any aims for this year? Comment if you do because I would love to see if I'm not the only one!
Laura
xxx

6 comments:

  1. I started school again last week, and I can definitely agree with what you've said here. But your goal is a really strong one! My goal for the new school year has mainly just been to keep up my grades, haha! Good luck with the start of school! :)

    xx
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unlucky, I hope you're enjoying it though! I know haha, I hope I can stick to it! And that is always a good goal, I hope you can keep your grades up!
      Thankyou very much, you too!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. my aim is to actually do homework this year and to wear more interesting clothes (similiar to yours i guess)
    p.s this post is so cute:')xxxx

    www.berry-crumble-xxx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I aim to do my homework every single year but I just never can. Lets try harder haha ;).
      Thankyou Joni! :)
      xxxx

      Delete
  3. I saw your comment on Mae's blog, so I checked out your blog. I love it! <3

    I agree I am too self-conscience to wear what I truly want to wear to school. So my goal this year is to be a bit more self-confident.

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou so much! It really means a lot <3
      I hope we can both reach our goals together!
      thankyou for the comment!
      xxx

      Delete