Wednesday, 28 August 2013

my top five bedtime beauty products

Although I have my night time skincare routine, I also have a few products that I like to use occasionally before I go to bed. I haven't seen this kind of post before so I thought it would be interesting to share my five favourite 'night time products' and see if anyone else has some recommendations.
(This isn't in a particular order.. haha).

Vitapointe Leave In Conditioner

I can't remember exactly how I stumbled across this, but I'm glad I did because it is a life saver. This product has been on the market for a very long time, so some of your grandparents may have used it! It's really simple to use (all you do is apply a small amount to dry hair) and it's great for nights when your hair needs an extra boost. It doesn't make my hair greasy, you can't even tell there's product in it! You can even use this during the day, but I prefer to sleep with it on so that when I wake up my hair is softer. The best thing is that it's super cheap and available at boots and superdrug, so it's really easy to find.

Umberto Giannini Overnight Hair Repair

This is another 'no rinse' treatment that is applied to dry hair. I personally don't find this as effective as the Vitapointe, but it does last a lot longer because you only need to use a tiny bit at a time (there is also more in the bottle). The reason I like this one is because of the scent. It contains lavender which is a really relaxing smell and actually helps you sleep better. It is included in a lot of sleep sprays. I use this one on nights where I need a good nights sleep.

Gatineau Moisture Replenish Mask

I'm pretty sure that the one I own is a sample, but it has lasted me a really long time so I'm definitely going to buy the full size once this has finished. This product may be a little more expensive than the others, but it is worth the money because like I said, it lasts a long time. This is a great hydrating mask for dehydrated skin and always makes my skin feel very soft!

Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Treatment

If you're trying to grow/strengthen your nails like me, this product will probably be very helpful to you. I'm not sure if it's helping them grow or if they're just growing on their own, but it definitely makes my nails feel stronger and appear smoother. The reason I apply this at night is because it takes forever to dry and I don't have time on a morning.

Vaseline

You've all obviously heard of this product, who hasn't? Strangely, I don't like to use it on my lips because I don't think it works for me. However, Vaseline has many other uses. Did you know it strengthens your eyelashes? This is essential if you're a mascara addict like me and your eyelashes can feel brittle. Apparently it makes them grow too! I apply this to my eyelashes and eyebrows every night.


What are your favourite bed time beauty products? I'd love to try some more out.
Thanks for reading!
Laura
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment